Trainings in the following contemplative practices are available locally upon request by emailing Roseanne M. Havird [email protected]
1) Seven Session Centering Prayer Workshop
2) Lectio Divina Workshop
3) Facilitator Training for those wishing to create a Centering Prayer Group and for groups already in place that want more information on Fr. Thomas Keating's approach to facilitating a Centering Prayer Group
The Facilitator Formation Training will provide you with:
1) a Facilitator's Handbook
2) Handouts for prayer group members
3) A deeper understanding of the purpose of a CP Group.
4) Fr. Thomas Keating's and Fr. Thomas Merton's "Principles for Faith Sharing in a group.
CENTERING PRAYER WORKSHOP
Saturday, November 3, 2018 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
We may think of prayer as thoughts or feelings
expressed in words. But this is only one expression of prayer. In the Contemplative tradition, contemplative prayer is considered to be the pure gift of God. It is the opening of mind and heart--our whole being to God, the Ultimate Mystery, beyond thoughts, words and emotions. This Centering Prayer Workshop consists of this one-day program and 4(2 hour) weekly follow-up sessions. Bring a brown bag lunch. Drinks provided.
Presenters: Roseanne Havird and Eric Frankhouser
Fee: Free-will offering. Please register at least 2 days ahead.
EMail: [email protected] or 267-350-1830
3501 Solly Ave. Phila., PA 19136